Gaining new donors: the ultimate discipline
Each year, every NPO loses a certain number of donors. Losses are won back through reactivation campaigns or made up for through new donor campaigns. Gaining new donors is one of the most ambitious call-centre campaigns. Agents need to quickly convince new donors without being pushy. The selection of addresses (target groups) and the preparation of agents (training and coaching activities) are two important issues that contribute to the success of a new donor campaign.
What speaks in favour of such a campaign
- Addresses selected by relevant criteria
- Clearly defined objectives (time period, number of pledges)
- Defined follow-up process for pledges
- Regulated process for handling leads
- Realistic calculation of the costs/benefits of gaining a new donor